The Greatest Journey
The Greatest Journey is an exciting discipleship program that teaches children to become faithful followers of Christ. The program is offered to children who have received an Operation Christmas Child shoebox.
In 2016, several pastors from churches across Canada went on an Operation Christmas Child shoebox distribution trip in Senegal.
New Brunswick Pastor Dale Betts shares his story of how he attended an Operation Christmas Child shoebox distribution in Costa Rica, and the impact of The Greatest Journey.
Did you know that last year, over 342,000 children learned about Jesus Christ through the Bible study offered to children and their families after we distributed gift-filled shoeboxes in their communities?
Learn how God is using The Greatest Journey to lead Inuit children to Christ
Meet Christopher and learn how The Greatest Journey is raising up a new generation of evangelists
This Bible study is called The Greatest Journey, and it is offered freely to children by local churches in the days following a shoebox distribution event, provided we have their parents’ or guardians’ approval, and permission from local authorities.
A donation of $6 provides one child with a copy of The Greatest Gift booklet, The Greatest Journey discipleship course, and a New Testament.
In 2015, from shoeboxes sent by Canadians:
- Over 14,000 The Greatest Journey teachers were trained and equipped
- Over 342,000 children enrolled in The Greatest Journey classes
- More than 180,000 children graduated
- Over 106,000 children trusted Jesus as their Savior
- More than 95,000 children committed to pray for their non-Christian friends
- Over 1.4 million people – including children, parents, and others – heard the Gospel message in many communities where the shoebox gifts were distributed. We share the Gospel where we have permission. All shoebox gifts are offered freely to children, and only when we have the approval of their parents or guardians.
The impact from 2009 to 2014 from shoe boxes distributed worldwide:
- Over 7.5 million children enrolled
- More than 5.2 million children graduated
- Over 3.4 million reported decisions for Christ
Through Operation Christmas Child and The Greatest Journey program, the Gospel is being proclaimed, tens of thousands are coming to Christ, new churches are being planted, and congregations are being encouraged and growing. Please pray for our team and our ministry partners as they continue to reach out and offer support to children, families, and communities in Jesus’ Name.
Every shoebox gift your church packs means one more child will have the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. To pack a shoebox gift today, start here.
Read impact stories
Ways you can help
Pray that each child who receives an Operation Christmas Child shoebox will participate in The Greatest Journey discipleship program, and that each child in the program will know, love, and accept Christ.
Help Samaritan’s Purse go beyond the shoebox and expand assistance to children, their families, and their communities. Donate Here