Samaritan’s Purse Canada and the Government of Canada
Partnering with Ottawa
Samaritan’s Purse Canada has the privilege of sometimes partnering with the Canadian government in providing life-saving assistance to vulnerable populations around the world.
We have worked together on projects since 1994, responding to major global crises and creating opportunities for vulnerable populations around the world to break the cycle of poverty.
Our recent partnerships with the Government of Canada include:
- Spearheading the response to the 2014 Ebola pandemic in Liberia
- Assisting war-torn communities and displaced populations in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo through food assistance and agricultural livelihood support
- Supporting conflict-affected and food-insecure communities in South Sudan through training in agricultural techniques, nutrition, and improved fishing practices
- Responding to the 2015 earthquake in Nepal
- Creating opportunities for Canadian youth to intern with Samaritan’s Purse projects and partners overseas
“Whether in South Sudan, Nepal, Liberia or beyond, we always appreciate the opportunity to work together with the Government of Canada to help people facing desperate circumstances. In these situations, we greatly value the Government of Canada’s partnership in reaching out to help improve the lives of hurting people,” says Fred Weiss, Executive Director, Samaritan’s Purse Canada.