Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact, come see how we serve!
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a strong administrative professional to serve as Donor Ministry Assistant. This individual will be responsible to perform administrative and organizational tasks to support the Director of Donor Ministry and the department’s segments through assistance in areas of donor activities and other related office duties. Through its administrative support, this role contributes to the Donor Ministry Department’s stewardship of donor relationships and helps meet the overall goals and mission of SPC. As an integral member of the Donor Ministry department, this role will carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a part time (0.8 FTE) permanent role in the Calgary office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment), and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform administrative support functions, such as: preparing communication and presentations, capturing and distributing meeting minutes, and responding to internal and external inquiries
- Administer the strategy for donor recognition and donor relationship management
- Assist the Development team to manage, track and build donor relationships by maintaining relevant and up-to-date donor listings, information and reference sources
- Minister to donors through prayer and expresses gratitude for their involvement with SPC; prepares and mails invitations to donors and prospects for events/seminars/meetings
- Organize meetings and coordinates agendas, facilities, meals, as well as travel and accommodations required for guests attending these meetings
- Assist the department head in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Organize and maintain filing record system and database for the department in an effective and accurate manner
- Coordinate internal distribution of marketing materials to the team, including remote staff
- Review web content to ensure department events are profiled
- Assist with coordinating speaking engagements to represent the organization
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- High school diploma and/or experience in Office Administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in working with a donor data base – preferably Studio Enterprise
- Strong interpersonal style that fosters constructive and productive relationships with diverse constituencies
- An attentive listener with superior communication skills (written and oral)
- Enthusiastic team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Thorough with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible to multi-task, work calmly under pressure, and maintain focus during hectic periods
- Maintains confidentiality of information
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.