Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) Finance, Technology, & Administration Personnel ensure all finances, technological/communications assets, and human resources are properly deployed and utilized, and they make the safety and accountability of DART responses possible. They come from a wide variety of career backgrounds and plug their professional skills into the DART context to make the response possible. They work side by side with the rest of the DART personnel and deploy to crisis situations in some of the toughest locations around the world to serve those in desperate need in the name of Jesus. DART Finance, Technology, & Administration Personnel are workplace professionals who are willing and able to step aside from their normal career for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time to answer the call to respond.
Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event by providing water, food, shelter and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Samaritan’s Purse is seeking finance, technology & administration personnel to serve on our DART. The Samaritan’s Purse DART stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment. DART members must have a flexible schedule since deployments occur with little or no warning and have the drive and passion to work in the midst of devastation and tragedy. The locations and living conditions can be challenging and the workdays long and hard. We are searching for flexible people who can overcome daunting logistical challenges to bring help and hope to those who need it most.
Applicable Careers and Career Fields (not exhaustive)
- Accounting Clerk
- Finance Management
- Financial Controller
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Information Technology
- Communications Technology
- IT Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Network/Cyber Security
- Systems Analyst
- Human Resources
- Compensation Manager
- Office Manager
- Security Guard
- Police Officer
- Business Owner
- Humanitarian Aid
- Disaster Relief
- Non-Profit Management
Examples of roles you might fill on a DART deployment as Finance, Technology & Administration Personnel:
- Finance Officer
- Field Accountant
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer
- Administrative Officer
- Base Manager
- Base Technician
- Human Resources Manager
- Member Care Chaplain
- Staff Movement Administrator
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 3-5 years proven work experience in applicable career field(s) and within the last five years is required
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in international context or disaster response management in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Available on short notice for immediate 4 week deployment at least once every 2 years.
- Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally with a variety of health and non-health authorities
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
- Willingness to engage in daily prayer ministry with the DART team and with the patients we serve
- Maintains an evangelical heart and passion for others to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
These are not volunteer opportunities; a daily stipend, travel, lodging, meals and emergency travel insurance are covered by the organization.
To respond to this opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose, please download and fill out this application form, and send it with your updated resume to Samaritan’s Purse Canada Human Resources by emailing [email protected]
For more details about our DART program, please click here.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.