Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Are you a professional who thrives under pressure and has a heart for sharing the love of Christ with those who are hurting?
Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event by providing water, food, shelter and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Samaritan’s Purse is seeking medical operations professionals to serve on our Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART). The Samaritan’s Purse DART stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment. DART members must have a flexible schedule since deployments occur with little or no warning and have the drive and passion to work in the midst of devastation and tragedy. The locations and living conditions can be challenging and the workdays long and hard. We are searching for flexible people who can overcome daunting logistical challenges to bring help and hope to those who need it most.
Overview of Medical Operation DART roles:
- Medical Logistics and Supply Chain– The Medical Logistics and Supply Chain personnel is responsible for the tracking and storing of medical consumables to ensure adequate supply as needed by the clinical team.
- Medical Information Officer – The Medical Information Officer is responsible for the collection and management of all patient health data during an international DART medical response. This includes the recording of all relevant clinical and demographic data of patients, preparation of necessary reports to relevant parties, and maintenance of proper data quality and confidentiality.
- Emergency Field Hospital Build and Maintenance– Emergency Field Hospital (EFH) Build and Maintenance will work to ensure all required structures and equipment are functioning to support the Emergency Field Hospital and staff.
- Emergency Field Hospital Electricians – The Emergency Field Hospital Electrician will work to ensure all required tools and instruments are sterilized and ready prior to surgical procedures during an international DART medical response.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in international context or disaster response management in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Available on short notice for immediate 4 week deployment at least once every 2 years.
- Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally with a variety of health and non-health authorities
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
- Willingness to engage in daily prayer ministry with the DART team and with the patients we serve
- Maintains an evangelical heart and passion for others to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
Medical Logistics and Supply Chain Management Additional
- Experience in warehouse or inventory management required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Good understanding of/experience working within a medically-inclined clinical setting, familiarity with medical terminology and patient flow within a medical facility desirable
Medical Information Officer Additional
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) appreciated, but not required
- Experience in computer sciences/database management appreciated, but not required
- Good understanding of/experience working within a medically-inclined clinical setting, familiarity with medical terminology and patient flow within a medical facility
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and operation of mobile data collection devices (iPads, tablets, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong ability to coordinate cross-culturally with a variety of health and non-health authorities
EFH Build and Maintenance Additional
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Related degree from a technical college or certification required.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to understand construction drawings, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
EFH Electrician Additional
- Ability to train local staff on electrical components of Emergency Field Hospitals
- Minimum of journey-man level experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent working experience in an electrician role
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills
These are not volunteer opportunities; a daily stipend, travel, lodging, meals and emergency travel insurance are covered by the organization.
To respond to this opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose, please download and fill out this application form, and send it with your updated resume to Samaritan’s Purse Canada Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details about our DART program, please click here.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.