Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event by providing water, food, shelter and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Samaritan’s Purse is seeking programs personnel to serve on our Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART). The Samaritan’s Purse DART stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment. DART members must have a flexible schedule since deployments occur with little or no warning and have the drive and passion to work in the midst of devastation and tragedy. The locations and living conditions can be challenging and the workdays long and hard. We are searching for flexible people who can overcome daunting logistical challenges to bring help and hope to those who need it most.
DART Programs Personnel are technical experts who deploy to crisis situations in some of the toughest locations around the world to serve those in desperate need. These responders assist in providing essential services including clean water, food, shelter, and medical care, all in the name of Jesus! DART Programs Personnel, in cooperation with the Team Leader, are responsible for planning, designing and implementing all disaster response activities. DART Programs Personnel are leaders in their career fields who are willing and able to step aside from their normal career for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time to answer the call to respond.
Do you have what it takes to be DART Programs Personnel? Below are our DART Technical Sectors:
- Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene (WASH)
- Food Assistance/Nutrition
- Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI)
- Healthcare (for medical professionals, see medical postings)
Applicable Careers and Career Fields (not exhaustive)
- Program/Project Management
- Public Health
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction/Construction Management
- Business Owner
- Humanitarian Aid
- Disaster Relief
Examples of roles you might fill on a DART deployment as Programs Personnel
- WASH Program Manager
- WASH Technician
- Sanitation and Hygiene Specialist
- Food Assistance/Nutrition Program Manager
- Emergency Shelter Program Manager
- Shelter Technician
- NFI Program Manager
- Distribution Assistant
- Ministry Program Manager
- 3-5 years proven work experience in applicable career field(s) within the last five years is required
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or university or technical training in specific field preferred
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in international context or disaster response management in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Available on short notice for immediate 4 week deployment at least once every 2 years.
- Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
- Willingness to engage in daily prayer ministry with the DART team and with the patients we serve
- Maintains an evangelical heart and passion for others to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
These are not volunteer opportunities; a daily stipend, travel, lodging, meals and emergency travel insurance are covered by the organization.
To respond to this opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose, please download and fill out this application form, and send it with your updated resume to Samaritan’s Purse Canada Human Resources by emailing [email protected]
For more details about our DART program, please click here.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.