At Samaritan’s Purse, our unique ministry involves presenting the needs of God’s people to God’s people, then trusting the Holy Spirit to touch the hearts of those whom He wants to participate in meeting those needs. We believe that “all we have comes from God and we give it out of His hand” (I Chronicles 29:14b, Dutch paraphrase). Because the Lord supplies us with resources for ministry through individual donors, we recognize our accountability both to Him and to our donors. We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices.
2021 Ministry report and financial statement
View 2021 ministry report (PDF)
View 2021 financial statements (PDF)
View past ministry reports and financial statements
- We subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine. Advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the singular objective of our financial conduct.
- We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors, who are not staff members or their relatives. Our full Board meets at least two times annually to establish policies, set budgets, oversee operations, and review ministry accomplishments.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We obtain an annual audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Copies of our current audited financial statements are available upon request.
- Our Board appoints an audit committee, who are not staff members or their relatives, to review the annual audit and report its findings to the Board.
- We seek to conduct our activities with the highest standards of integrity and to avoid conflicts of interest. Because we believe that it is God’s place to prompt a response to our fund-raising appeals, we shun high-pressure or manipulative fund-raising tactics.
- Our fund-raising appeals clearly identify the purpose and programs to which donations will be applied, and we ensure that donations are used for the purposes for which they were raised. Our Board has directed that all contributions designated for specific projects shall be applied to those projects, and we may assess up to ten percent to be used for administering the gift. Occasionally, we receive more contributions for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project. When that happens, we use these funds to meet a similar pressing need. Our policy is to meet the needs God lays before us, so that Christ is lifted up and the Gospel advanced.
- Contributions to the ministry are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- We will not operate this ministry with indebtedness that dishonors the cause of Christ and hinders the work of the Gospel. When we make a purchase, we pay the approved invoice within 30 days. We do not intend to use the vendor’s money. While we may occasionally borrow funds for capital expenditures, we repay those loans as quickly as possible.
- Out of respect for individuals’ privacy, we do not sell or rent our mailing list to other groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters. We maintain tight security on our list of friends and supporters.
Past ministry reports and financial statements
View 2020 ministry report (PDF)
View 2020 financial statements (PDF)
View 2019 ministry report (PDF)
View 2019 financial statements (PDF)
View 2018 ministry report (PDF)
View 2018 financial statements (PDF)
View 2017 ministry report (PDF)
View 2017 financial statements (PDF)
View 2016 ministry report (PDF)
View 2016 financial statements (PDF)
View 2015 ministry report (PDF)
View 2015 financial statements (PDF)
Why Give to Samaritan’s Purse?
Samaritan’s Purse abides by the highest standards of financial and biblical integrity. We are a registered Canadian charity in good standing with the federal government and the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities.
If you’re still prayerfully considering whether Samaritan’s Purse is a charity you’d like to help, we encourage you to read this enthusiastic endorsement from one of our longtime supporters.
But just as you excel in everything-
in faith, in speech, in knowledge,
in complete earnestness and in your love
for us—see that you also excel
in this grace of giving.
2 Corinthians 8:7, NIV